Manhattan Premises Liability Lawyers
Experienced Trial Attorneys Achieving Results for Clients with Slip or Trip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents are one type of premises liability case. They typically occur when unsafe conditions cause a person to slip or trip and fall. Falls can occur indoors or outdoors; either way, the property owner can be held responsible for negligence if he or she failed to maintain a safe property.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Failing to clean floors properly after merchandise has been spilled in a store, or when there is a roof or equipment leak
- Failing to put up signs to warn people of slippery floors
- Failing to warn people of sudden drops or rises in the floor or steps that can't be seen
- Failing to properly secure carpeting or rugs
- Failing to install or maintain adequate lighting in stairwells, or failure to have hand rails
- Failing to fix broken railings, screens or other safety features
- Leaving merchandise in aisles or allowing merchandise on shelves to stick out into the aisle
Don't Assume that You Were at Fault
Whether a business property, an apartment complex, a retail store or a school building, property owners can be held legally responsible for injuries to the public caused by unsafe conditions.
Too often, when people suffer a serious injury because of a fall, they assume that they were careless. This may be a very wrong assumption, especially in retail stores. Retailers are skilled at distracting you with attractive displays and excessive merchandise. If you then fall or trip over merchandise, they blame you for the very conditions that the retailer created. It's not fair.
The New York personal injury attorneys at KEOGH CRISPI, P.C., have handled many premises liability cases involving slip and fall or trip and fall accidents. We understand the serious injuries these types of accidents can cause, such as broken hips, broken wrists and arms, disabling back injuries - even death. We have achieved significant financial awards for clients in slip and fall accidents.
The Attorneys You Choose Can Make a Difference
KEOGH CRISPI, P.C., is dedicated to handling personal injury cases. Our aggressive and experienced trial lawyers give clients a distinct advantage in and out of the courtroom. Call us for a free initial consultation: 212-818-0600 or toll-free 866-842-6415, or contact us by email. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.
With an office centrally located in New York City, KEOGH CRISPI handles cases in The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island, and in Nassau, Westchester, Orange and Rockland counties.